Monday, June 02, 2008

my new friend

Today I met some of the most amazing people that I have ever been around. People from all over the world like Kenya, Nigeria, Taiwan, India, South Africa, Holland, Reno, Seattle, San Diego to mention a few. I talked to many people today and was quite overwhelmed by all that these people are doing to demonstrate and declare the gospel of Jesus in our world. But one new friend is Jack. Jack serves as a bishop overseing over 400 churches in the Kibera Slum in Kenya. The Kibera slum is the biggest slum in Africa and has over 1 million people living there. I was amazed as he told me stories of ministry in the slums especially in light of the tribal tension this year. Needless to say, my perspective is being changed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff - Very cool! Can't wait to hear all about it. Praying for your time.

Jeremy said...

we saw kibera in 2007 on our way back from sudan. the human suffering there is unimaginable. and yet, there are christians there that are totally giving there life away to bring transformation - physically and spiritually. it is totally humbling, i agree.

Unknown said...

This is were my sister served for 3 weeks last summer. The stories she told me made me think how unfair it was that we live in Austin, TX. Why did God choose me to be born here, instead of in Kibera?