Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Only 2 more to go...

Do you remember cutting out UPC's from your cereal box to collect prizes when you were a kid? I would get all kinds of things like toys, baseball cards, and posters of athletes. That was the greatest way to collect some junk that you would end up selling in a garage sale.

This morning I looked at my cereal and I literally saw..."Free cholesterol test kit with 3 UPC's." I began to wonder how old am I that I eat cereal where the toy is a cholesterol kit? I don't think of myself as that old, but I do have some old traits not even counting my few gray hairs. Last week I was talked into joining Facebook and I realize that I am too old for it, because I had to ask my younger friends how it works. Then to top it all off, Mandy and I went to dinner on vacation this weekend at 5:30 and were back in our condo by 7 every night. We laughed all weekend about how hold we are. 1997 Jeff would be so disappointed with 2007 Jeff. Oh well. What would 1997 you be ashamed of that you do now?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably the gray hair and my greatly shrunken music library.

Anonymous said...

I would have to say the gray hair route as well and probably the amount of time that I spend watching TV.

PS - I just changed the site where my blog is, would you mind updating your link? http://www.twistedsideways.net

Colleen said...

1997 Colleen would be upset with the fact that it's been over 4 months since she saw a movie at the theater.

Jan said...

1997 Jan would be disappointed in my lack of outdoor adventures and world travels. Maybe disappointed that I never got that glamorous corporate job, lived by myself and had that cute apartment with cute stuff. 2007 Jan is so thankful for her current job and the fact that she doesn't live alone but with her amazing hubby, B-dub! :) What did 1997 Jan really know anyway?!

Anonymous said...

Thrilled that I got to marry my then run away girlfriend.

Disappointed that I dont hear more live music in AUSTIN!