Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mandy on KVUE News

Some of you know that I always make fun of Austin local news. Lets be honest I got a little spoiled by the Dallas news most of my life. After spending 3 years of making fun of it, a few Saturday Mornings ago Mandy's flowers were on KVUE's morning news. They were talking about wedding coordinators and they showed a large arrangement of Mandy's. The flowers were pretty awesome, if I can say so while keeping my man card in tact. We met Quita Culpepper (don't act like you don't know who I am talking about - the "does it work wednesday" girl) and George Kanuck (the weather guy). Anyway that was our brush with fame. If only we could have met Tyler Sieswerda and Christine Haas....

4 comments:

The Kac's said...

If you think Austin news is bad...try Iowa news. Since we don't have news we make it up. Here are actual pieces of "news" that my Mom sent me from this week (these are from the paper but trust me that TV news is just the same):

The firemen are sponsoring a “STAG Night” at the country club! It has been years since I have heard the term “STAG Night” Can you still say that???

From the police report…8:55 am “received a report of a semi that did not move for two hours” 12:15 am “a female reported an item on the street”….
4:06 pm “received a wireless hangup”

Quita, Fred Cantu (my fav) and all the rest of them seem like seasoned professionals to this Iowa girl!

Anonymous said...

That arrangement is so beautiful. Did they credit her in the spot? Today KVUE, tomorrow the world! Congrats, Mandy!

Jan said...

Yay Mandy! That arrangement is awesome. I'm so envious you got meet Quita!

Jeff Fritsche said...

Emily,
Fred is great, but I am still a Tyler Sieswerda fan. My favorite story about Austin news was when they were showing a fire and the anchorwoman literally said "look at that thing burn...." On the news??